- Friday, June 26, 2015
- 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Practice Day and Registration
Location: Surfside MarinaCalcutta Starts
- Saturday, June 27, 2015
- All Day
Schedule of Events and Rules
Calcutta captains meeting and weigh in will all take place at Surfside Marina, Freeport Texas
Friday June 26th, 2015-Practice Day-Registration 3pm-6pm Sharp
Captains meeting at 6:30pm
Calcutta Starts at 6:45pm
Saturday June 27th Fishing Day
No Checkout. Boats may leave from any port at 6:00am and may start fishing immediately and must return by water and weigh-in at Surfside Marina. Boats cannot touch land until boat has weighted in! Scales open at 3pm and will close at 7pm. All boats must be in line to weigh by 7 pm. Awards will take place one hour after the last fish has been weighed.
1. Calcutta is for 1 kingfish, 1 ling, and 1 Dolphin. It is the combined weight of all 3 fish. 1lb equals1 point. 75 additional bonus points will be awarded for having all 3 fish. In the event that less than 3 fish is caught the weight of the amount of fish will be scored with no bonus points.
2. Calcutta is optional. There will be a $100 minimum opening bid for each boat participating in the Calcutta. If your team does not participate in the Calcutta your team is not eligible for the calcutta prize money!
3. Boat can only weigh one species per category.
4. $150 Calcutta Insurance can be paid by boat to insure 1/2 of boat winnings in the event of your team winning 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the Calcutta. Calcutta Insurance must be paid prior to your boat selling in the Calcutta.
5. After boat sells in Calcutta, money must be paid to the tournament committee representative immediately. If not received by the end of Calcutta, that team will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS!
6. This tournament is a test of both fishing skills and your equipment. In the event your boat or the boat you purchase has mechanical problems during the tournament the calcutta fees are not refundable.
General Angling Rules:
1. All fish must be weighed by tournament weigh master and be in edible condition. Any fish deemed to be spoiled or rotten will be disqualified. Any fish that has been shot, cut, mutilated, frozen or showing signs of unsportsmanlike conduct will be disqualified. Weigh- masters decision will be final. All winners will be determined by the largest fish entered according to weight.
2. Protests of any nature must be made to the tournament director no later that 7pm on Saturday July 12,2014 along with a $50 deposit. If the protest is upheld the $50 will be refunded. In the event the protest is not upheld the $50 deposit will be forfeited.
3. All fish must be caught by legal means by Rod and Reel only. Texas Parks and Wildlife Game rules apply. Fish must be of legal length. Any team attempting to weigh a fish not of legal length will be disqualified.
4. This is a captain's choice tournament. Captains fish at their own discretion and accept full responsibility for their crew and vessel on land or water.
5. All entrants SHALL agree to a polygraph test. Failure to submit or pass a polygraph will subject the boat to disqualification.
6. In the event of a tie the first boat weighed in will be named the winner.
7. In the event any boats come together, regardless the reason, or anything passed between boats after the official start of the days fishing and before each boat has weighed in then such boats shall be disqualified. As safety is of prime importance to the operation of this tournament, exceptions may be granted by the tournament director, but only to boats granting the assistance, not the boat receiving assistance.
8. To knowingly fish over a pre-baited spot is not allowed. Chumming is allowed.
9. Due to inclement weather or seas above 5' fishing will be left to the tournament committee's discretion or postponed until Sunday July 13,2014 or at a later date to be determined.
10. All boats must be equipped with an operational 25 watt VHF radio.
11. No diving equipment will be allowed aboard any boat, no diving allowed.
12. Tournament Channel will be 66.
13. All fish must be caught on Tournament Day by your registered Lady Angler. Lady MUST hook, fight and land fish with NO help from a male UNLESS a dangerous or emergency condition exists.
14. Men may ONLY captain the boat, deckhand, bait hooks, gaff fish, or take photos.
15. Men SHALL not touch a rod, reel or line while the fishing line is in the water AT ANY TIME.
16. The tournament committee reserves the right to refuse tourney applications or entry form from any prospective entrant with or without cause. Any applicant refused entry will be entitled to a full refund.
17. There will be no changing of team members after the Calcutta has started.
18. Tournament committee reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason!
19. Any insufficient funds check will automatically disqualify a team and will be prosecuted.
20. In the event a situation arises that is not covered in the above mentioned rules it will be at the discretion of the tournament committee.
21. No electric reels allowed.
22. No transferring or pooling of fish between teams.
Mail entry fee and signed registration form and make checks payable to:
Deepsea Divas PO Box 1755
LaDonna Weston 979-900-8099